Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Book.. and WHERE THE HELL is my rain?!


My favorite boxer of all time..


Jack Johnson was the world's first black heavy weight champ.  He was also in incredible human being.  Interesting in all aspects.  Smart, talented, confident, arrogant, petty, well-spoken, and extravagent beyond what was thought possible of a black man in America at that time.

I LOVE Jack Johnson.  Come to find out, he was an incredible boxer as well!  If any of you are fans of boxing and haven't heard of Mr.  Johnson then you have a HUGE gap in your boxing knowledge.  You really need to look him up.

To be honest, I've had this book for a while.  I've been reading pages here and there but haven't had a chance to tuck into it yet.  It's not a matter of 'finding time' or 'finding interest'.  It's a matter of narrowing my 'books to be read' stack to a readable number.  


The 'Must Read' Stack. 


I'm also chewing through a few Audio books as well.  Because I don't have enough to do with my eyes, I need to read with my ears as well.  :)

So for these next two weeks I'm going to concentrate on reading and then reviewing Unforgivable Blackness.  After that, who knows.  

Now, on to life!  Life has been a little rough around the edges this week.  Lay offs have hit my friends hard, there's been some strife, politics, and petty bickering at both jobs, and the seasonal colds have started making the rounds.  

I've been fairly lucky to avoid the bite of all this drama and I'm hoping that my luck in this regard will hold and hopefully spread to my friends.  They could most certainly use the rest.  


 Fall is here.. wOOt!!

I'm happy to report that, even with all the drama, I am starting to feel much better.  FALL is HERE!  YEAH!  Leaves are turning red.  It's not so f***ing hot outside! All that's missing is the Damn RAIN!

 

  The forecast says it should be raining right now..  B-I

I can handle the bright weather right now, but on Friday I'm going shopping for all my winter gear so Mr. Weather had better start stepping it up next week or I'm gonna be pissed.  

On to today's workout:  I haven't done it yet!  Hahaha..  I seem to have a bit of a cold today so I've been chillin' with my french press coffee and waiting till TDS gets off work. 


French Press.  Mmmm...

Tonight we'll do a Thai Class and a little lifting, which will be legs I think.  I also have taken up the task of getting TDS running.  This is apparently something he hates so we can trade off.  He can make me lift and I can make him run.  We're also working on trading off between Thai and Jiu Jitsu.  He can make me roll, and I can kick him in the head.  

On my part I am feeling better and better now that I can run without struggling with the shin splints.   My knee has been achy from the old shoes but that will be over early next week with my purchase of new shoes.  I will be buying the exact same type of shoes with the exact same type of inserts.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I have to admit that I am now terrified of falling into improper shoes again.  Maybe later on I'll branch out into some trail runners.  Maybe during the spring.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment